Report Abuse

Re: Resorts Condo Management of Florida or Texas

My brother asked for my advice before he accepted an offer from Resort Condos Management to sell his exchange condo to an interested buyer. They were asking for around $2,000 up front for a sale amount that was more than the original purchase price. First I checked the Better Business Bureau. As of today, Resorts Condos Management has a rating of “F”, the BBB’s lowest rating. The BBB has received 29 complaints regarding misrepresentation of the availability of potential buyers, and dissatisfaction with the company's performance. Next I checked on-line. Reports from customers across the country describe a call out of nowhere with an offer from Resort Condos Management to buy their exchange condo. Resort Condos Management claims to have a prospective buyer, but it requires an up-front deposit to process the paperwork, and there is also a fixed time frame to send in money, such as 48 hours. My advice to my brother? Never send money or provide your credit card / debit card numbers to a ANY company before seeing the terms of your agreement in writing. Even if a company asks for a credit card number for a “verification process” or “to pay a title company”, NEVER give access to your credit card before reading and accepting the terms of your agreement. If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.