Report Abuse

Re: timeshare renting

The website I mentioned, alexa.com, is not the site for the company I used-- it is an independent company that deals with web traffic so you can see just how many people are coming to any website, (specifically a timeshare company you are considering using). I wasn't trying to promote a specific company, merely sharing the tools that I used to research the company that I decided to choose. If you don't mind me being perfectly frank, I intentionally omitted the name of the company I chose. Understandably, it seems that a lot of people on this site have had negative experiences with timeshare resale/rental companies. It seems that these bad experiences have ultimately resulted in most of the forum members being very skeptical of anyone with a positive thing to share about a company. From reading through the forums, it seems that anyone with a positive experience gets immediately accused of being a "shill poster"-- I don't feel the need to defend myself for a simple choice I made, I would prefer just to share the TOOLS I used to make my decision, without promoting a specific company. Sound fair? I think these forums can be provide great education for those who are unfamiliar with the processes involved, and I am more than happy to share the steps I took when coming to my decision! :)