Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Charles, I agree that the maintenance fees are excessive, some pelple wine about nothing, and some owners don't read their contracts. However, I really object to DRI giving themselves tens of thousands of dollars increase in management fees, even if payment is delayed until another year. I'm not sue happy either. I believe that you are still missing the big picture. It is about control and who reports to whom. DRI is supposed to be the management company working for us the owners. According to my timeshare contract (please read your own), the management company gets one seat on the Board of Directors. Yet DRI keeps putting their own employees on the election ballots and endorses them with all the votes (timeshares) they own, while diluting any chance of other candidates by listing many who want to run but are kept from contacting other owners. Obviously, the election is stacked against us the common owners, and DRI effectively owns and operates Point at Poipu. Boards of Directors are powerful people, much like Unions represent the workers. What are you going to do, if say someday the Board decides to sell the resort to another DRI affiliate for half or a fourth of what you paid for your timeshare and you are told to lump it? You and many other owners need to wiseup and learn to undersand corporate America. We need to band together and vote as a single voice. Please consider joining CDOPP, which can be found at: www.poipuowners.org