Report Abuse

Rants

I PAY for a weekly timeshare in Poipu and have been pretty disgusted with the whole thing. I bought from Poipu/Sun Terra in August '07 and got several free airline tickets and 1 yr free maintenance of $1000 a year to close the deal. Then Sun Terra told me the finance company would need to see several payments before escrow closed properly and you would beable to make reservations in Jan '08. In Dec '07, I got an invoice for $1000 from Sun Terra for annual maintenance. I called finance and they said that the free 1yr maint was for the remains of '07. Realizing that I got screwed for not reading everything properly, I tried to make reservations for end of July 08 and nothing was available. So, I kept trying daily to go online and call to reserve dates to no avail. Finally about late March I found a week open but not the dates I needed. So, I took it hoping something else would open. Remember I haven't purchased my tickets yet either. A few weeks later in mid April after trying to check everyday,all of a sudden every date and every unit within the club was available. Don't know what happened. But was able to get my preferred dates. July '08 had nice stay other then the update visit with the sales team. Since we were already on the screwed points system we figured how could it get worse. Well, we relunctantly bought another 2500 more points at the price we bought 10000 per point the previous year which almost guarentees us an ocean view annually. THE POINTS WILL NEVER CHANGE is what we obviously didn't have the time to read. Dec '08, new invoice for annual maintenance $1500. Price increase due to Utility company raising local prices and revamping parts off the resort. Could not go in summer of '09 so we banked points for next year. Dec '09, new invoice for annual maintenance $1954. How do we stop the hemmoraging?