Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts enormously increases the cost of Maintenance/Reserves on their resorts.

[Q=patw170] I'm sure this is a dumb question, but is there any legal stands that can be taken regarding the hikes on these maintenance fees, particularly with Diamond Resorts? Also, has anyone heard of a company in Arizona, supposedly a real estate company, that you don't have to pay upfront, but they will list your timeframe and if they sell it, then they will give you all but the fee required to sell it (minimal fee is $1500). I'm good with that if I can get from under the maintenance fees. Also, if foreclosure the punishment you'll get if you just discontinue paying maintenance fees, which of course will ruin your credit?[/Q] When you ask a question about a resale company, it helps when you name the company. That's the only way anyone will know if they've worked with it. So far I have not found anyone able to state they have a case against the developer / management company regarding the fee increases. I feel there are potential legalities which could be argued, but unless we have a deep pocket sugar daddy to foot the legal bill, take a look at the DA's in a few states and consider the many years it's taken them to begin addressing the timeshare resale scam companies. And the results, while promising, are too little, too late. So if our protection is so weak when those companies are actively defrauding owners, there's not much chance we'll see help when the developer/manager has more legal rights (per the HOA docs) to do what they are doing.