Report Abuse

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst

j227 said: > Current owners don't give up anything. > I see no reason for a current owner to be hacked at Marriott for introducing this program. > You maintain all your current benefits and have another option. > Frankly I don't think you will see much change if you wish to use your unit the way you always have. When reading the comments of j227, I am reminded that Marriott employees also have access to post on this forum. Whenever a weeks owner decides to convert to points, Marriott will claim a prime week - and that week will no longer be available for me to reserve. Do you really believe that Marriott will claim the crappy weeks and leave the prime weeks alone? So this program will definitely impact current owners by removing prime weeks from reservable inventory. In addition, Marriott puts voting restrictions on any owner who converts to points. You lose the ability to vote against Marriott on any decision. If enough owners convert to points, Marriott will take control of the board of directors. Existing owners will then be powerless to oppose Marriott through an independent board of directors. Nothing to be hacked about huh j227?