Report Abuse

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst

Greetings, Having spent 3hrs last with the Grand Chateau master sales exec and manager I am more comfortable that Marriott has at least taken the high road and left the current deeded owners all their original and exisiting options for using their units. The new points program is all Marriott will sell from introduction forward. I did hear that Marriott resales properties (purchased prior to 20 Jun 2010) would be made eligible again for Marriott Rewards based on the amounts and frequency provided to the original buyer. Has anyone heard this as well? This was a key incentive to enroll in marriott points program. I do wonder if Marriott's decision to not allow third party Marriott resales after 20 Jun 2010 to be enrolled in the points program also might mean: 1. They plan to reduce the urge for owners to sell directly to outside buyers by further limiting the "value" of third party sales (no rewards points and now no participation in MVCI points exchange) 2. That they will be exercising their first right of refusal for the best Marriott properties. Seems to me this would drive owners back to using MVCI as the source for selling off units. MVCI would sell as points (trust deed) using retail $9.20/pt and share the normal 60/40% split with the seller. For Marriott this keeps the property value high by contraining the third party sales channel. For long-term owner it does keep our property values higher. Downside is buy MVCI resale units via a distressed third party would become less likely and beneficial. I do have an Interval Intl related question too. How will II allow non-Marriott owners to exchange for Marriott points inventory? Seems there must be a standard scheme for that to occur perhaps after Marriott owner early access 13/12 month rules. Anyone hear how II will handle this one? Thoughts??? EC Marriott owner since 1985 and owner of over 20 other TSs PS I'm still undecided on enrolling my original and/or resale Marriott units in the points exchange program.