Report Abuse

Important Update Affecting Resale Purchasers

Here I sit OUTSIDE on my computer because I have not had internet service in my newly renovated Cascades villa! It has been "7" days and the internet provider (Swisscom) Sheraton outsourced to, can't figure out the problem! All I get is "we're sorry, oh we're sooo sorry, wish we could help you." This yrs vacation here has been a real eye opener. I am NOT impressed w/Sheratons management at all. All they care about is selling "points" for hotel rooms. When YOU the OWNER has a problem...all they say is "sorry!" As for the renovations? The only things "new" in Cascades was paint, new furniture, tile, shower door, CHEAP matresses (sheets slide off them), some appliances, kitchen cabinets, drapes and carpet. I too thought these "updates" were budgeted out of our fees...ha! The "oldy but goody" funrniture was NOT sold to help recoup some $$, it was all tossed in dumpster! We are also being charged for the people who don't pay their fees! I believe the board of directors are being hood winked by Sheraton management. I know they're wined and dinned by them. I happen to be here when Sheraton threw a VERY lavish holiday party for ALL the directors. They went all out in food and decorations (ice carvings, balloon trellises lined the walkway and entrance way ... must have cost a small fortune. Need to pay attention to who you are voting for. How often do the nominees stay at our resort, how far do they live, etc.? I live in FL, been coming here for past 13 yrs for 2 weeks. FYI - No more mid week cleaning and the unit I was in 2237 bldg 16 (Cascades) was FILTHY! No remote in guest bedroom (found under bed w/ton of dust). No pancake/egg turner, no scissor. Quite a few things missing. No more condiments (coffee, dishwashing liquid), elcheapo bingo prizes (a joke!), etc. I attended the homeowners meeting (few ppl there) and not even water was provided! Once the units were sold out, Sheraton cut out everything. Jorge went on and on about economy issues and I asked "then WHY add a $13.95 SHRIMP BOIL on the buffet during tough economic times?!" His response? "Good point!" Cascades bar/grill not open at night, General Store closes on or before 9 pm and the Tiki bar is totally closed down. And now if you don't upgrade to "Elite" you are outta the loop. I am not a happy owner at this point!