Report Abuse

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst

j227 said: > So while some deeded owners are crabbing about > their situation it is really the new points owners who > will be receving less value. I agree with you that the new program is a bad deal - especially for new points owners. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I can't see myself joining given my pattern of using my home resorts. j227 said: > Thus, if someone actually wishes to get to a > particular location they would be better off > purchasing a deeded week on the open market. > The price would be far less, the mtce fee > would be less, and they would actually get to where > they wish to go -- and they can still trade their week > with Interval International. Very true --- UNLESS Marriott decides to now start playing games with purchasers of resale weeks (as has been reported by someone in an earlier message). If Marriott now decides to limit the reservation ability for purchasers of resale weeks, then it is a different ball game. Not sure if Marriott would be able to legally do that however.