Report Abuse

Diamond Resorts enormously increases the cost of Maintenance/Reserves on their resorts.

We also bought our weeks in Sunterra and then when our wonderful timeshare salesman convinced us with high pressure techniques to change to points we bought into his spiel. Now we are under the Home Advantage Points in the Club which gives us access to other resorts under this "umbrella" to book 13 months in advance. I am not sure at this time what other things it adds on our contract as the sales dept. doesn't explain anything but the good side. Which wasn't. We are older people, tired of travel, unable to contend with this high price of fees coming out of Diamond on a yearly basis and still growing. Our children can not afford this but guess what? They will inherit this debt! It should be against the law but I am sure they have a high dollar legal team that has made this contract this ironclad unless the attorney general steps in and put limitations on this. Perhaps we should all write the attorney general in Nevada to protest this practice that should be illegal. At this point we are stuck with 168,000 points and spent over $70,000 dollars to Diamond with more fees escalating. I don't understand why they are doing this unless they want to charge people all over again for points that have now been rendered useless for they are too expensive to maintain. We contacted one resale company that asked us to pay them $6000 for our points. They wanted it decided now or they couldn't do it. This is a red flag. Our attorney said we might not be protected if they don't sell the points or went bankrupt if Diamond could not bounce back on us to continue to bill us for points we no longer have. At this point, we not longer know what to do for to refuse to pay will ruin us credit wise. Any advise? Since we have free speech perhaps we should picket their resorts!