Report Abuse

Resorts Condo Management of Florida or Texas

[Q=rodh46] We, too, were duped by this company. We received a call from Mike Smith, Senior VP, who said he had a buyer for our timeshare. We just had to pay 60% of the closing costs and the deal would be done in 30-45 days. We did, as we were desperate to have it sold because my husband had been out of work for several months and we needed the money. We called several times and were told many things. I then received a call from an unknown male saying we were part of a scam and their office was in FL if I wanted to go there and demand my money back. Two days later we received a call from JJ at RCM who said people had left the company and stolen names and info and were calling them saying they were a SCAM. They put a password on our account and we were told the condo had NOT sold and we would receive a refund in 30-45 days. Of course, after that time frame we did not receive the refund. My husband called last week and they said they would not be refunding the money and we would have to dispute it with the credit card company. He would be happy to email that info to us. REALLY?! After 7 months? They know the game. My husband called and was told he needed something in writing from RCM saying they were going to issue a refund and the visa would return our money. Of course now they won't answer our call and they're never going to send the email. I was on hold for 2-1/2 hours yesterday and 1-1/2 hours this morning. I would love to be a part of any class action law suit and see them pay big.[/Q] Your best bet right now is to report them to the Attorney-General of the state in which they're located. This can easily be done on-line.