Report Abuse

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst

I am not a Marriott employee although it sounds as if you may be one. However, I tend to agree with you. I believe that people have a problem with change and it is difficult for them to fathom even when they don't have to change. Marriott's problem was the manner in which they rolled it out. When I got information in the mail about the program, it had very little information. No, it had no information on it. I am sure that the purpose was to make sure that owners came to speak with someone so they could enroll them into it. I know they had it online, but many people still did not understand what they were reading and had questions that could not be answered online. Also, I bet there are a lot of seniors out there that don't even use the internet. As a result, Marriott's manner of informing their members of what they have and its new option was poorly handled. I could make several suggestions as to how this could have been handled better. However, I am surprised with the amount of experience and manpower that Marriott has that they would mismanage this. I love my Marriott timeshare and have no desire to sell it. I will enroll in the new program and use it when I want to because there are some advantages for me to use it. Other owners should make that decision on their own considering their circumstance and then move on. Badmouthing the points program only hurts us all. Just use your timeshare like you always had and be done with it.