Report Abuse

Hacienda del Mar

Hi everyone, i just looked at a timeshare in Cancun and it was very nice, but when I had explained the situation of our difficulties regarding Hyatt Hacienda del Mar in P.R. the manager went on to say what a mess the Hyatts are. Although they had Hyatts other properties listed on this sheet, there was "NO" listing for resale of the H.D.M. in P.R., the name of this Timeshare resale list/company is called "Holiday Equity", the company only deals with Timeshares Companies and does not deal with individual owners. Basically we are holding an empty box, we have a certain amount of timeshare years along with a very expensive maintenance fees at the Hacienda Del Mar, Hyatt should extend the amount of years for usage and or discount our maintenance fees. It is ureasonable for Hyatt to expect owners to sit back and wait until this mess gets better. The way I feel is that Ivan is a great guy who has his hands tied, but the Hyatt Corperation should be making good with some offer. Also when you do sell privately the new owners are not allowed to use the Hyatt Hotels every other year, this only deflates your resale value, This company is the pits as far as timeshares go.. The deed is no where to be found for me either. If I want to sell this unit what will Hyatt offer me. I will perhaps seek this info out and ask their resale unit why H.D.M. is not a viable timeshare as per the timeshare sheet that was shown to me. Also I was told that the H.D.M. is owned privately by someone in Puerto Rico and that Hyatt Corporation runs it for them, I do not know how accurate this last part of this post is but It wouldn't surprise me. What I find also to be strange is that Hyatt always reccomends Ms Caro to be your attorney, I am not suggesting that she is part of some scam but I have a bad feeling about the whole purchase.