Report Abuse

Hacienda del Mar

Hello All, I just returned from a week at the HDM. Nothing is happening. I actually was quite upset with many things, especially the attitude of the front desk staff. I would think they should be bending over backwards to owners to make their stay wonderful. I have come home to look for the results to the yearly meeting, as I could swear that I read that they had updated dishwashers, stoves etc. This is not true. At least not in the two bedroom I was using. Our maintenance dollars do not seem to be going to good use. The grounds are still kept nicely, but the rooms could be cleaner. Furniture was the same. New drapes and comforters, but much less amenities in the room. No extra blankets, no extra soaps, 1 bottle of shampoo and one bottle of rinse per room. Less pots and pans. New utensils. All in all I was pretty dissatisfied. and when I complained, nothing much was done. What I did see was that most of the guests were locals. Making me believe they had rented from either Hyatt itself or owners. Play it smart. Rent some of your time and use the rest to stay somewhere else from Interval Exchange. I know the Exchange book has gotten smaller, but a lot of the places are really nice. We have been to Spain, France, and quite a few places in Mexico. I have learned by going to all of these time share selling meetings each time I stay in another place. When we were in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico in November of 09, we were offered $28000.00 for our two bedroom Hyatt. Hyatt points are worth a lot more on Interval Exchange, and to these other time shares. The ones that offered us the money in exchange for one of their time shares was the Villas Palmar chain. The owners are from Italy. HDM may not be worth much to us anymore but the Hyatt points are worth something. Has anyone looked into changing within the Hyatt? That may be my next move. But for now I intend to rent a portion of my two bedroom to pay for the maintenance and use whats left to stay somewhere else. Sorry news could not be better.