Report Abuse

Upfront fee resale companies are against the law in Florida .... report them ASAP

[Q=jayjay] Please be aware of the following pulled from BBB.gov ..... [i](http://centralflorida.app.bbb.org/newsearch2.asp?ComID=073300175003582) the State of Florida - the collection of advanced listing fees from Florida residents, regardless of the location of the property, and owners of Florida timeshares is prohibited. Section 721.20(6), Florida Statutes, prohibits the collection of any advance fee for the listing of any timeshare estate or timeshare license, and requires that any seller of a timeshare plan be a licensed real estate broker, broker associate or sales associate as defined in Section 475.01, Florida Statutes."[/i] [b]If that's the case, then why haven't all upfront fee companies in Florida, that are still in operation and are rampant across that state, been arrested and jailed if what they are continuing to do what is against the law? How are they continuing to get away with their scams ???? Someone that's been taken by any upfront fee scam company in the state of Florida needs to copy and paste that statute and then report the scammers to the law ASAP ..... my mission is to put every upfront fee resale/rental timeshare company completely out of business .... this is certainly a good way to start.[/b][/Q] Back to the original topic, here's a question. If the scam outfit is located in, say, California, is it now illegal to ask for an upfront fee to list your unit that's located in Florida? Also, if you've been scammed by an upfront listing company located in California for listing your Florida unit, can you report the company to the Florida AG? I think this would be good because it seems Florida is the only state trying to shut down these companies.