Report Abuse

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst

We attended a timeshare presentation yesterday at Newport Beach Coast Villas. What a disappointment, all ours fears were validated. Deeded weeks are a thing of the past and we will be basically phased out. We are screwed. It is true, all new properties are under points and are not available to deeded week owners unless you convert to points. Everything I said in my previous blog is true. They are point skimming,even the rep couldn't deny that! It is so sad! I would like to propose a rebellion. Do not convert to points and utilize Interval International for all trades. Otherwise, we lose access to any inventory. Marriott will control all available inventory and TELL you when and what is available....they can rent out the select weeks for cash! Or sell you more points! Oh yes, currently it is $9.20 per point. We were told by the end of the year it will be over $10.00 per point! And maintenance fees are .40 per point! What's next? $12.00 per point? They have DEVALUED our deeded property! Why is there no law suit? We intend to stay as we currently are until the last hurrah...we won't get anything if we sell it...pennies on the dollar! We will continue to trade via II. Any thoughts on this? Anything to add? Marriott, in my humble opinion betrayed it's loyal owners!