Report Abuse

Re: Marriott Going to Point System

[Q=brucek88] I'm in Palm Desert now and just signed up for the new system, as they turn the screws on you for an acceptance during the presentation. Knowing we have 10 days to cancel, I just went ahead and did it. Concerns: *With our new points, it's possible we can no longer even get home resort for 7 nights. I spoke with the Marriott Desk at II and they explained that you can still book your week at your home resort. * We might not be able to get any other resorts, based on what others are saying. Not an issue, as we have not been trading as well as others, so it might end up working out better. We added 1,750 points to get Premier, which provides 13 month windows for reservations, similar to what multiple week owners had. We'd also of course have a few more points to be able to have short stays. But the MF's are sky high, at $0.40 a point. I'm thinking it's better to wait and see how things go with the points we currently have. I will likely cancel our contract, as I had no other option during the tour. They did waive the $600 fee, but 1 year of new MF's will eat that up. And the $17K as we enter the double dip recession definitely keeps me up at night. I will likely opt into the points system, as it appears it's a better way to go for owners who want to easily move within Marriott. We have no desire to stay at non-Marriott properties.[/Q] Did you cancel???