Report Abuse

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst

[Q=anewcastle4u] Just got off the phone requesting an II exchange and heard from the agent there that they are being trained on managing the Marriott point exchanges. She also mentioned that it's been a small percentage of owners who have bought into the points program so they don't know when they'll take over. Found it very odd that I was able to book six 2 bedroom villas in the "highest time" (mid March) at the Desert Springs Villas in Palm Desert on the Marriott site. How is it that the hotel site had so much prime time inventory that I can't book through II? What a mess... At least the rates were reasonable. Would prefer to do an exchange but I doubt the inventory will ever find it's way to II.[/Q] Hi anewcastle4u, So you went to Marriott.com (the hotel room rental site) and booked six, 2 bedroom units that you would normally exchange with II to get? That must have been very expensive. It also brings up a question in my mind, what if an owner wanted to reserve a week at that time (if that is the season they owned)? Would the inventory now be gone? Please don't misunderstand, I am happy for you that you got your reservation. I am just wondering how the hotel program reserving weeks affects owners. I know in the past there was availability on the hotel reservation site for Vacation Club properties. But I thought they showed up there when an owner wanted to rent the week they owned and had reserved, and wanted to do it through the Marriott system instead of on their own. This may still be the case. There is just so much confusion about the new system I didn't know if this is an aftermath of that or part of the way it was previously.