Report Abuse

Re: refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

[Q=larryv20]This message is for JayJay. I've seen your name on a few web sites alerting readers to scams. Your vigilance is appreciated. However, I need to know what resale firm I CAN TRUST. I want to unload a property that has lost its lustre and know who NOT to use ... who can I use safely? Anyone?[/Q] Anytime a resale company demands an upfront fee then they are scams. If your timeshare week/resort is in demand (it's all about supply and demand) then you can just as easily sell it yourself on internet timeshare ad sites such as Redweek, however the market for timeshares is the lowest ever. Many timeshares can't even be given away in this market. There are some reputable companies that will market your timeshare and if it sells they charge a flat fee of $1500+ or a % of sold price ..... you can google/bing 'no upfront fee timeshare resale companies'. In my opinion, timeshares had their hey day until 2007 when the economy crashed and I don't feel like the market for timeshares will ever be the same in the future. People have learned, during this recession, that disposable income for luxury items such as timeshares is a thing of the past ..... I believe people will rent in the future and not be stuck with never ending maintenance fees and possible special assessments. If you're desperate, you could offer to give away your timeshare and pay all closing costs, but even then if you don't own a week that is desirable that may not work.