Report Abuse

Re: vacation sales and marketing scam

[Q=davidm1291] one 8/24/2010 i got a call from VSM stating that they owed me a refund of 504.00 (which was the correct amount) and that they needed my credit card number to refund the money to, the lady said that they where all shut down there other then the refund department. i gave her the info and just before she hung up, she said they had sold there listing to another compnie, which i didn't record and did i want this company to contact me. I said yes (i didn't really, but i thought it might help get my refund) someone called me from 954-366-6631 and kept calling, one day he called me 6 times in a row. the number the lady called me from on the refund was 954-876-1445. as of 9/9/2010 no refund, they are just calling the people that should be due a refund and trying to get a list of numbers for the NEW SCAMMING Companie to call. I would avoid this all together and not fall for this. BTW as of this time, there also was not any charges against my card either (thank goodness). David in MO.[/Q] You're very lucky they haven't charged your credit card YET.... to be on the safe side I would close that credit card account and open a new one. As long as they have your account number they could charge you anytime in the future. It looks like, to me, that they had no intention of giving you a refund but they merely wanted your credit card number.