Report Abuse

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst

I'm seeing a lot of comments on new Marriott Points Owners not being deeded. I own points with two other companies and those points ARE ATTACHED to specific resorts. Is this really true that Marriott points are not deeded or attached to a specific resort? If this is the case then how are maintenance fees distributed to various resorts? If points are not attached somewhere (which I think would be preferable) then I think it would be fair to attach maintenance fees to the resort where the points were used to book reservations. The question would still be where maintenance fees attributable to unused points would go. Also, if one chooses to get into this points program, how long can points be left to accumulate? From what I've read, "points can be banked for use in the following year"...... It doesn't state anything about accumulating points beyond that but does allow "borrowing points from next year for use in the current year". If they indeed expire then Marriott is taking advantage of their owners even more than I already think they are. Is anyone able (know for SURE) to clarify this for me?