Report Abuse

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst

J227 called this program "user unfriendly". I think it might be more appropriatly called "Loser friendly". Anyone who would put good money into this program and allow themselves to be charged MORE points for another equally valued unit as the one they gave up has sawdust for brains in my opinion. What happens if, for example, they get 2400 points for their banked unit and have to pay 2300 points for the unit they exchange for. Not only are they receiving less value in exchange for what they gave up, they are quite possibly losing the other 100 points left in their account. What can one get for 100 points? Of course, Marriott will be quite happy to see them expire because this whole scheme is aimed at boosting revenues. If people are willing to give - Marriott is more than willing to take. I DO like the concept of this program but as I read through this forum there are so many misconceptions and confusing comments, conjecture and misinformation I'm not sure any one person has all the right answers or understands its complexities to any large extent. How in the world could anyone trust what they're told in a sales presentation? The one thing that IS clear to me is that it's a no-lose proposition for Marriott and for anyone to expect them to put owners' interests ahead of their own would be folly. Hey out there, if ya'll have money to just throw away like this I'll give you my address.