Report Abuse

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst

Just yesterday I had a conversation with a person who is supposedly a Marriott "insider". He indicated to me (not surprisingly) that the new points program has been a total disaster. Not only has the number of owner's signing up for the program fallen well behind Marriott's expectations, but (again not surprisingly) those owners who have signed up are not giving up their weeks for points. So, in summary, the entire program is disfunctional. In addition, the owner response has been overwhelmingly negative toward the new program, to the point that morale is at an all time low among Marriott Vacation Club employees, and Marriott's image has suffered unbelievable damage. While this person did not offer any suggestions about if or when Marriott might try to rectify the situation, I heard an unqualified rumor elsewhere that Marriott may try to buy up the units of high value properties (such as Hawaii) from owners who have "not" enrolled in the points program. Supposedly this would be Marriott's attempt to create some inventory for points trades. Has anyone else heard anything about this rumor?