Report Abuse

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst

Bravo for someone (Ermanc) actually putting something intelligent out there. I was one of the early sales presentations to the new program (in June 2010) and thought it looked pretty good. I enrolled, feeling that just as Ermanc said, all my existing options were still there, and the new points exchange and other travel options were now new features for me to explore and use. We have stayed at our home resort on Hilton Head during summer season for 13 years now, but have a unique situation in 2011. A family reunion in Atlanta is coming up and we were probably going to lose a few days on Hilton Head to keep our time to 7 to 8 days total. Along comes the point program to the rescue. We have already been confirmed for a 5 day points exchange at the Myrtle Beach Marriott resort (our first choice) and have a pending request for a second villa for 5 days. This will be perfect for us in 2011. 2-5 day platinum villas for about the same as my point value of my unit on Hilton Head. I sacrificed Friday and Saturday, which we need for the reunion. So for all the speculators of what reality is and is'nt in this program, I have already been successful and got mine for 2011. In 2012 I will probably simply reserve my summer week at Grande Ocean and not trade my summer for points, or I may simply use Interval and trade for an exchange, like we have with our Bronze week, key word Bronze for Maui twice, Aruba once, Extra units on Hilton Head twice, all Marriott and Indiana once and Williamsburg once both Interval units, or maybe we will take regular Marriott points for our Bronze week which we have done a few times over the years just to manage our banked weeks and not have too many. And yes I also may simply rent and additional unit on Red Week from another Marriott owner, which we have done in the past also. So I will continue for years to come to enjoy Marriott's "corporate greed" as someone suggested this is. I will also continue to use all the Marriott points they have given me as incentives for purchase and attending sales presentations, will occasionally enjoy the low cost greedy getaways they offer me ( I think it was 200 or 300 for 4 days at Canyon Villas in Scottsdale) which allowed us to also stay and visit the Grand Canyon, Sedona and the rest up north of Phoenix for a few days also during our week there. Oh, and the point specials that just came out at certain resorts, I didnt view this as a failure of the program, but simply marketing of the available inventory that is currently available to move it. Looks like some good deals if you can go soon. No, I do not work for Marriott, but I want them to continue being successful and profitable so that they continue to provide me with everything they have promised me since I became an owner.