Report Abuse

Re: Hacienda del Mar

i spoke with Ivan recently and discust the construction of the generator for the electricty for this timeshare, he also has some frustration and suggested that we go ahead and build it and get reimbursed. After hanging up the phone I said to myself "by who". Also I voiced my displeasure about the communication from Hyatt regarding the progress at H.D.M., I said that I would need time to make plans and that the disruptions coming from a construction site next door is not a vacation by any means. How about some pictures in their communications letter. Ivan than said that the Cerromar is in the same condition as it was years ago and the weather is beautiful and it is quiet and the Beach Bohio is serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner He said that the Dorado which is to the right of the Cerromar is under construction and that these two properties are owned by the same developer.Why they couldn't have agreed to rebuild the Cerromar first is anyones guess. Also I wanted to know if the Dorados old property was moved back from the waterfront and how far in comparison to H.D.M., I said that if I was aware of the no construction I would have maybe decide to go there. We also have to pay extra money to go to Interval International or Redweek or whatever. The Hyatt should wave our exchange fees or reduce them when we want to go on to another Hyatt. Also the conditions set in the contract that forbids any subsequent owners of your timeshare from using Hyatt Hotels to be included in their ownership is bad for the resale value and should be changed by Hyatt. It is bad enough that the Hyatt Corperation has allowed some of these timeshares here to sell for $500 or $1000 without exercising their right of first refusal to protect out investments. I still need to talk to a higher authority to pay my maintenance in advance, and when doing so I will voice my concerns to the proper people" if possible" , we are unorganized and need to see how to start an Owner Coop Association. By having a vote and a voice we may get some respect from this awful company, they probably have that we can't in our small printed contract.