Report Abuse

Marriott Going to Point Syst

I know that I don't need to use points to stay at my resort. I own a very expensive and desirable resort = Marriott Mountain side in Park City. There is a short window of opportunity to ski so - I have a Platinum week. I assume you know that other folks, using points, can get a reservation at my resort before me because they can reserve 13 months ahead. If I make my reservation the old way - like a timeshare owner - I can only reserve 12 months ahead. When I go to get a reservation it will be essentially impossible to get a reservation. I called last year (at 9:00am the first day the week was made available) to get a desirable week at my resort and was told it was sold out. I asked how that could even happen. Never got a good answer. That will happen more at my resort. That is one reason I thought it may be good to get into the point system. Now I find out I get 6 nights instead of 7 at a resort comparable to my resort. Sure if I want to go to a less desirable resort I will get some more value but, perhaps you forget - I paid a lot more for my week in Park City. And may not get to go. In other words Marriott takes more value away from you and I.