Report Abuse

Re: WE HAVE BEEN DUPED!

IF DRI is a Resort management company why is it they have sooo much control over the resort and can do just about anything they want including stacking the board. According to their Damage control spokes hole Patrick Duffy opps sorry CeO (experience not Exexcutive) deeded owners make up 64% of the current ownership. Check out http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/sunterra-diamond-resorts-resorts-west-c56127/page/6.html#c806221 Mr. Duffy responds to an inquery and qoutes some interesting figures. Like the 64% owners and a weak 8% owned by DRI, the rest is under the ownership of the hawaii collective (which may be the DRI points system). Regardless, Looks like we owners still have a majority if we can just get organized. I do not care about DRI (not even a little bit), but I do care about KBC and look forward to returning to enjoy the people and places that originally "SOLD" me on owning in Hawaii. Spending nearly 16K for my deed and being able to spend a week for 7-800 dollars for a nice resort was worth it, but now at nearly 1500 for the week I can book it cheaper on expedia have the salesperson explain that math... Why pay 16K and annual fees when you can just BOOK IT online for cheaper. Concerned Vacation Owner