Report Abuse

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst

I own 3 weeks of MVC. I also own in the Disney Vacation Club (a points system that I love) and a week with a traditional weekly timeshare. Disney definitely has it down. If the MVC program attempts to emulate DVC - I'm happy. I haven't enrolled yet but Probably will. I have one week of MVC that was a high cost, high demand resort. IF I can get the week I want, we usually have to fight for a decent view - even though we paid for Ocean Front. Imagine - every time you book your week - that you paid dearly for - you get nothing but aggravation. Turns out that week is worth more than 5,000 points. I can go to Aruba or St Kitts mid-winter for fewer points and no aggravation! It will take time to transition over to the points system but in the end, I believe it will be better. I am glad that there is some added consideration for those of us that bought direct from Marriott. God knows we've paid for it. I will continue to rent my lock-offs and occupy or trade my 1-bdrms and my one week at Marco Island - I will never give up.