Report Abuse

Re: GLOBAL GETAWAY SERVICES IN ORLANDO FLORIDA ASKING FOR UPFRONT FEES

Hello, I have a timeshare @ Summerbay in Orlando Florida and wanting to sell my unit of 2 bedroom and 2 baths. Global Getaway Services contacted us thru phoned which were puzzled of how they got our number and told us that they have a buyer for our property. The buyer contacted us explained that she had look 3 units and pick us since we are also selling the remaining points of 66,500.00 we have banked. Global Getaway told us that the buyer is willing to place a bid for $17,000.00 for the unit and $2,000.00 for the points and I need to send them $1,997.00 for the processing to bring it to close the deal. I am very skeptical and don't want to fall into this type of scam and please help. See below I attached the actual e-mail from the company. Good Afternoon Jennifer: 12/9/2010 Our guarantee to you as the buyer ***100% MONEY BACK***. ***** NO RISK TO YOU***** Buyer: Do you Realize how much money you can save if you buy on the secondary market? Well here is an example: If you buy at any resort tour you will usually pay between 15% to 22.49.% and pay higher maintenance fees. If you buy on the secondary market you will be grandfathered into a lower maintenance fee and we offer interest rates between 6.49% to 8.5% depending on your credit (That's half) Our sales have been so successful that if we have not for filled our obligations to you within 6 months,(only 180 days) we will not only give you a full refund with no questions asked we will still continue to bring you available properties and work as quickly to get you what you are looking for (Properties in your price range, low interest rates that you qualify for and not being hassled into a large loan with the resort!) __________________________________________________________ Our guarantee to you as the seller You will never be billed for any hidden charges. Seller: If for any reason your property does not sell and close within 6 months from the date you came on board and allowed us to enter your timeshare information into our database, You as well will be refunded for any paper work fees you might have paid. The ingredients to our success is that we work for the buyers not the sellers, We do not require any upfront fees to advertise, market and do presentations for your vacation property. We are able to provide results where other companies have nothing to work for. They simply post your ad on the Internet, give you a glorified web page and leave you stranded with no results. Your all in one Vacation Property Marketplace. We rent We sell We finance We close We exchange We offer 100% financing for the buyer. Interest rates vary from 6.49% to 8.5%. This allows them to borrow the full amount which will cut their payments in half and get the timeshare paid off in half the time. Remember the resort charges a much higher interest rate to finance the unit because thatÂ’s how they make their money. They charge anywhere from 15% to 22.49% and that is with good credit. Once we have a buyer for you, We will proceed foward to handle all the closing paper work. The buyer and the seller are responsible to pay there paperwork fees to bring the property to a close. These fees are due before the Estoppel letter is ordered Paper work fees include: Obtaining an Estoppel letter Title search Deed search Transfer fees Document deeds Lease and stamps Name change at resort Marketing of your timeshare Global Getaway will not take any percentage of the sale. The seller will walk away with 100% of the agreement price they made with the buyer. Visit us on line at: Department of State: http://sunbiz.org/scripts/ficidet.exe?action=DETREG&docnum=G10000055641&rdocnum=G05117900150 Please feel free to call or email me anytime Thank you: Lynne Weiss 407-781-9078 Senior Sales Executive Lynne.GGS@gmail.com Global Getaway Services Please note: Your email address is only used for information regarding our company. We do not sell or share your email address with anyone