Report Abuse

Grandview at Las Vegas Redweek rentals?

My timeshare in Lake Tahoe has same setup and I can tell you in my case its worth every cent to use your resort rental! Most owners will only rent for full seven days or they paid for days and getting no use. We always have July 4th week and we get asked everytime about only renting for the three days of the holiday week so they can enjoy the fireworks show on the lake. My opinion is if you only want three days get a hotel room. I ran ads two different times over two years on here for the July 4th week which is one of the most booked weeks in Lake Tahoe at very good price for renters and not one contact. I pulled the one year in late June and gave it to the resort who rented it for much more than I asked for on Redweek and did it in less than one week. The other year we used it for our family and this is why I always recommend to others to forget always booking holiday weeks to try and rent. Unless you can go and enjoy the resort that week if not rented. If you book a week you would want to go then you have something to fall back on if not rented. Also this keeps owners from being stuck last minute and having to except a really bad deal just to try and get some money! That thirty percent they charge you if like our resort rents the unit and sends you a check {You don't need to worry about being scammed} and they send you the form for your tax that year. I figure time I paid membership fee and rental fee and what ever else Redweek could get out of me I now have a listing with others and never know how many people even see my ad. Then after this all you hear from replies is you need to drop your price and be the lowest price to rent because your dealing with other owners. Your now listed and pricing with other ads that may not even come close to your week like a holiday week. You would be shocked on how many people never heard of these timeshare forums or would deal off of one. They like a resort and want to come back they will stop in the rental office and pay more to book for their next vacation. Our resort also deals with Orbitz and others for rentals. Safety has a lot to do with this thinking. We sold one of our two units last July 4th while up there and for fair price and had two buyers with interest and both came from just a conversation at the resort. The family that bought our unit did it in one day because the office handled everything for them and they knew all information was right. They stated they would never have bought a timeshare off any timeshare forum because of safety and I would think many renters feel the same way. Also how many non-members of Redweek will pay membership fee to join just to rent your unit? Hope this helps! PHIL