Report Abuse

Re: refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

[Q=ebram] I have to say when I contacted SMTN they gave me an inflated value, swaying they had buyers waiting in the wings and give them an upfront fee. As a TUG member I knew it was a scam and told them they could take twice the fee from the sales proceeds. They demurred. I put in wild offer prices with know intention to buy just for fun and see what the response will be. i imagine others do the same. Lets all do it so Jason can have something to crow about.[/Q] Juvenile. Putting in false inquiries will only waste the time of other owners and sellers like you. Funny that people on this thread have such a hard time believing that people use the internet to buy timeshares. Yes, it actually does happen. And yes, those are real inquiries. In fact if you take the time to look up the individual ad numbers you'll see that many are offers for far less than asking price (not wildly inflated). Also interesting that if you placed an ad on another website like homeaway.com (starts at $329 on up) and don't get offers people don't demand refunds. Heck even the newspaper which "crows" about their circulation and results can't offer a guarantee. The Washington Post charges over $1,000 for the smallest display ad they have in the real estate section, a couple inches, to run on a Sunday only. Don't believe me? Call them. Are they an up-front fee scam? And if your property doesn't sell do you think you get a refund? We have the traffic and we have the buyers. The key is price. Sadly prices have come down a lot but it is also a great time to buy. People are buying. Go to this link: http://extremetracking.com/open;ref1?login=smtn1 and scroll down to the "last 20 search engine queries and you will see in live time the last 20 people that went to our site and what they typed in to find us. Facts are facts. Over 2/3 of our web traffic is comprised of visitors that expressed a behavioral intent to either purchase or rent a timeshare not sell. I've gained enough experience the past couple of days on this thread to know that someone will offer up that these are meaningless statistics. They are not. These are real people on the web looking for timeshare and searching our site.