Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Furthermore, in Arizona there is a 5 year period wherein if they are investigated and found to be guilty of fraud/misrepresentation the contract can be voided. I also purchased under Sunterra...research the time in which you purchased and if they disclosed their own plans to sell to Diamond Resorts. They had also had previous negotiations which fell through with another timeshare company. Who can lead us in a class action suit? This is what I think is happening with this scam. 1. You buy and fill up some DRI executive and a few real estate coffers, while they know their product will not be of the value they claim: "an investment to help keep down vacation costs". They know the costs will soon go up more than any vacation you would ever agree to purchase! 2. Costs go up for you, more than you can afford. So, you want out. The maintenance fees aren't worth it! 3. You 'let it go' and they can sell it again. 4. Meanwhile, they pressure you to sell because it's difficult to get the weeks and their "double point" program is a farce. Why bother when it's difficult to enforce them to keep their word that these units available 60/90 days before the date, cost half as many points. They first usurp those units and rent them out at ridiculously cheaper rates to non-DRI owners. They are selling what they have claimed you have purchased, and not reserving it for you, but putting you in competition with them for those units. Yet, they offer the "double points system" as a "buying point." A way to get "further value." 5. No one stops them, and so by default, other consumers are pulled into this trap thinking that this must be a more reputable timeshare company. The Dept of Real Estate is not doing a proper job of warning buyers. So, please complain. Check out class action suits websites which keep you current on suits. There are a few against Sunterra, but I can't remember if one is still awaiting a decision. Of course, these were done by wealthy stockholders. But, can you imagine if all of us Sunterra/Diamond Resorts owners took a stand against them, and the Departments of Real Estate which allow this corruption?! We would be more effective - since the money we've lost collectively is more. Is there not a good lawyer out there waiting to make some decent money against this giant mill of corruption?