Report Abuse

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst

Hi BS139, I would definitely recommend NOT enrolling in the new points program and NOT buying additional points. (You simply do not have enough points from your existing property to justify this.) Therefore, i would recommend you trying to see if you can trade through Interval International, as in the past. While most of us feel this option will eventually dry up (as owners convert to the points program), it may still be a viable strategy in the near term. Plus, there are many gold star non-Marriott properties that may be good trades. Longer term, you might want to consider selling your unit on Redweek.com. Some people feel that legacy (i.e., deeded) owner weeks will be in demand in the future. Or, if there is a destination resort that you are likely to frequent in the future, you may take advantage of the very low resale prices that currently exist, and buy another week (assuming, of course, the maintenance fees justify your usage of the resort). Otherwise, you could just use Redweek.com and rent.