Report Abuse

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst

Thank you (and happy year!) for the ones that provides constructive discussions in this forum. In the past months, we shared interesting comments/thoughts on the new point system (i.e. from ermanc, rick1227, etc.) and I personnally learnt a lot. I hope that we continue in that spirit in order to keep it alive. BS139: I would agree with thomasn15. If you only have one week (EOY), it is not worth spending more money to join this new program. Also, buying new points at Marriott is not the solution because there are very expensive and the annual maintenance costs are approx. 40 cents on the dollar (if I am not wrong). It seems that the best way to go forward (for you) is II and redweek (simply renting out or even selling your week). Another contributor to this forum (cannot find his post now, but was a long-term Marriott owner that sold all his weeks) came to the conclusion that renting through redweek will be the "best value for money" going forward. It is true that, if exchange through interval are going to be more difficult (less inventory/volume) and Marriott will "devaluate" the points value over time, redweek renting should become more popular in the future.