Report Abuse

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst

I guess that it is safe to say that many of us who gamed the system over the years might be aggravated by the new system. Yes, all of us who took gold and bronze or silver weeks and traded them for platinum over the years. I dont remember anywhere in the plan when Marriott promised to give away all of this to us. I have never viewed it this way personally. I felt fortunate to get many of the trades that we have received over the years, all from trading bronze for platinum and occasionally Silver. Shucks, I also did not pay much for my bronze week. We also can lay it out there and the whiners can quit talking about it. Marriott is a FOR PROFIT company, PERIOD. They make money. They are allowed to. No one has ever been forced at gunpoint to buy from them. So get over the "they make money thing". Of course they make money. You certainly can argue that it is expensive to purchase, and indeed it is not cheap, but the focus is wrong simply complaining about the money they make. Buy in the after market then.. it's legal too.