Report Abuse

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst

I think that you have the answer to your question ermanc. The only addition is what I wrote early this week. When I called to look for going to the beach (vs. Orlando), they were able to convert my 2011 week, although the deadline was supposed to be Oct. 2010 (if I am not wrong). Maybe it is because I had an excellent week (President's week-end). Another think was the fact that I will have until June of 2011 to decide about the use of the remaining points in my account (previously it was April 2011 to be able to transfer them to 2012). Finally (and sorry to be long...), I was surprised when I quoted to be interested in Marriott Marbella Beach Resort in Spain that I could use points to go there! The representative told me that if I book a full week (only 7 days, no shorter/longer stay) he will ask me for 5'000 points. It seems that Marriott is getting more pragmatic on the dates for converting/using points (I am sure that going forward they will have to make more minor adjustments/changes).