Report Abuse

Getting rid of a time share.

[Q=colvind] I don't know what a "shill" is. The reason I know the phone number is because the company, which I believe is based in Tennessee, did business with me. I want other people who are in the same boat I was in (owning a timeshare and not wanting it anymore), to be able to benefit like I did. I would be glad to send you a copy of the deed to Sterling Forest in Fairfield Glade that was transferred from me and my wife to Timesharesbegone.llc. I didn't pay them UNTIL the deed had been transferred. I paid with a credit card (which showed me they were reputable), and they did exactly as they said they would. They even sent me a copy of the Main. fee bill that Sterling Forest townhouse association had sent to them for 2011. They charged me 985.00. There are still businesses that provide a service and do just what they say. Maybe you can find one. Good luck.[/Q] Alright, I made a mistake on the phone number. The search engine showed me a connection to complaintsboard.com where somebody complained about Timehsares By Owner ( a company under investigation by the Florida A-G). Then under the comments section, someone with that phone number advertised his business. By the way, a company that allows payment by credit card does not prove that it's legitimate. If you read most of the testimonies on these boards from people who got scammed in the timeshare resale or "transfer" business, almost all of them say that they charged it to their credit card. That being said, I would still never recommend anyone paying a large upfront fee to any entity to relieve you of a timeshare. In your case, you were possibly one of the very few minority where the company you paid to take your timeshare actually turned around and got someone else to take ownership of the property. Perhaps Timesharesbegone listed it on E-Bay for a dollar and somebody else purchased it. Perhaps Timeshares Begone asked the resort if it would accept a deedback. The other distinct possibility is that TimesharesBegone,LLC transferred the property to a shell/bogus company. What this shell company does is refuse to pay any maintenance fees. It probably has acquired many properties like yours in the same fashion. Then the company declares bankruptcy and has all those properties that it acquired foreclose. At this point, you're probably thinking that you don't really care what Timeshares Begone does/did with that property. But now, all the other owners at these resorts have to pay more & higher maintenance fees to cover what the shell/bogus company is not paying. Like I said though, you are probably one of the very few minority who actually had his/her property legally transferred out of his/her name because Timeshares Begone found a taker. Many people who pay fees like this to companies like this end up still holding the bag and getting scammed.