Report Abuse

Re: Belaire Vacation Club/Puerto Vallarta

We had a meeting with Hotel U's Mario Seg last Thursday. Simply put, it is all bullshit. To give you an idea of how corrupt the situation is: I proposed that they or he personally put up $8000 with the written understanding that they would pay us back our original payment of $30,000 and that they could keep the balance of about $85,000. Quite a deal, you say? So why didn't he take it?.... To give you another idea of the absurdity of the situation, I summarized what Mario told me, ie. that we needed to pay him $8000 that day in order to get $115000 within six months. He said "no" that we didn't have to pay him anything; that we could put the money on a credit card.... just a small example of how stupid they think we are. So, we have concluded that all is lost but we refuse to lose more! We did register, for what it's worth, our situation to Profecto and asked them to confirm/deny that Belaire is out of business and that we have no recourse. Accept your losses and move on unless you can afford to lose more. We can't. Paul and Karen