Report Abuse

Re: Buying another time share so i can exchange? Smart or not so smart?

[Q=nadiag12] Well no I dont. LOL But It would be so nice to be able to exchange to some of those nice places that I see, I guess, I betta opt to the Getaways that II (interval Interational) They normally have great get aways. like 500 a week for Hawaii and other noce places (just an example) I was thinking of joining RCI as a member, To take advantage of there get aways as well The rentals on here are kinda pricey but very good if you are not a TS holder to take advantage of the get a ways with II and RCI[/Q] In this day and time when timeshares are at their lowest in history (just look at all the $1 timeshares on Ebay and the many owners giving away their timeshares) .... the entire future of the industy is in question, I would not take on the responsibility (rising maintenance fees, possible special assessments, surprises etc) of another timeshare. As far as rental prices on Redweek .... they are not set in stone .... you can always negotiate with the owner of the ad. That's one of the good things about Redweek, you can negotiate a rental with an owner without all the hassles that go along with ownership. BTW, I would NOT join RCI just for the get-a-ways or any other supposed perks ..... it's a whole new day in the world of timeshare .... it ain't what it used to be ..... RENT instead ..... I shudder to think of what you paid for your 4 days at Planet Hollywood.