Report Abuse

Grupo mayan lies to sell timeshare!!

[Q=sl108] I am writing this to describe what it was a horrible experience with Grupo Mayan. On November 2008 we went on vacations to Puerto Vallarta. Everything was excellent until the day we were approached by Sam. He started offering us free products and tours in exchange for going to a 2 hours (maximum he said) presentation. We told him we are not interested, but he begged to us to attend this presentation and that way he will make some money, so we agreed. We attend this presentation from 9 am. until 2pm. (more than 4 hours). This was the first lie. During this time we met a several high pressure salesmen, they stated this could be a good "investment". I was very clear to them that I am retired and I cannot travel anymore, also I told them that I cannot afford this "investment", we felt quite harrassed and repeatedly said NO. Then, they came back with a special offer and said "NOT TO TELL ANYONE", they assured with this offer, not to worry, because they VERBALLY GUARANTEED they will rent my weeks and with the rental money I can offset the maintenance fees and within 5 years I will recover the money I put in this investment. I asked them if I can cancel this contract and they told me I can do it until I get home, because my contract is not issued in the system. At this time, we were so exhausted that we agreed to sign the contract. (BIG MISTAKE) and after this we thought we could relax and enjoy our vacations. To our dismay, when we got home, all the benefits the sales staff said we would get with this membership were turning out to be untrue. We called them and we tried to cancel this contract, but they just said the cancellation period has passed. Another Lie. We checked the information of Grupo Mayan on the web, and for our surprise, we found many others trying to recover their monies. We now realize, a few months later, that everything we were sold is a LIE, the people from Grupo Mayan has stolen our money, abused our innocence and patience, using NO ETHICAL SALES TACTICS and MISLEADING INFORMATION.[/Q] HOW ARE THEY ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH ALL OF THIS? IT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR YEARS!!! THEY FISH PEOPLE OUT AT THE CANCUN AIRPORT. IT IS NOTHING BUT DAYLIGHT ROBBERY! PEOPLE SHOULD BE WARNED ABOUT THE MAYAN "LYIN'" , AS THEY ARE BETTER KNOWN BY THIS NAME AMONG THE "CONNED COMMUNITY."