Report Abuse

Diamond Resorts, fraudulent billing, inaccurate record keeping

Diamond Resorts is the new manager of a timeshare I purchased with my wife about 10 years ago from ILX. My wife and I divorced in 2005. I provided ILX with a copy of the divorce decree and the quit claim deed awarding the property to my ex wife in 2005. ILX went bankrupt last September, and now Diamond Resorts, through the Premiere Vacation Collection Owners Association has sent me a bill for $709.55 for a 2011 assessment, with late fees added. I have not been an owner of this property for six years. David C and Angela at Diamond Resorts say I must dig through my divorce records and pay for a new copy of the quit claim deed and mail it to them, because somehow the record got lost since ILX received it six years ago. I wasted half an hour on the phone with these guys who think it is OK to bill someone and require someone to do work when the incorrect bill and work required is due to Diamond Resort's and Premiere Vacation Collection Owners Association's poor record keeping and poor management. Do not do business with either of these companies!