Report Abuse

Divine Getaways

[Q=betsys55] Has anyone heard of Divine Getaways? My husband received 6 postcards from them on the same day.[/Q] I too received an invitation to Divine Getaways presentation in April 2011. I searched the web and found a BBB site listing them as officially VIP Client Services. A search on that name with BBB shows them with multiple aka business names. See paste from a BBB site below. ------------------------------ Business Management Brandon Bizar, Vice President, is also known to BBB as a principal in the following companies: Vacation Link of Florida, Inc., California Vacation Holdings Group, LLC, Preferred Guest Services, LLC, Summer Bay Getaways, LLC and Summer Bay Partnership. For a complete report on any of these companies, please visit www.bbb.org Contact Information Primary Contact: Ms. Cheryl Arscott (President)Mr. Walter Elvy (Director Client Services)Mr. Rick Arscott (Vice President)Mr. Brandon Bizar (Vice President) -------------------------------------- I searched on a sampling of their aka names to find a mix of BBB complaints and that the BBB reported the company had resolved almost all the complaints, and about 50% were confirmed by the customer as having been resolved. The nature of the resolution is unknown, and not disclosed by BBB. But I also found 2 sites listing multiple complaints for Summer Bay Geteways. On one site, customers were frustrated trying to dispute billing issues and the phone numer had been disconnected. Someone else had found that the company name had been altered and a new phone number was in use. Odd practice for building loyalty. One client reported on that site that she did have a good experience with her trip and the price she paid. The second site is full of frustrated clients. URLs to the complaints are below. www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/summer-bay-getaway-c126968.html http://www.ripoffreport.com/directory/Summer-Bay-Getaways.aspx BBB ranked Preferred Guest Services an "F". URL below. http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/business-reviews/vacation-certificates-and-vouchers/preferred-guest-services-in-winter-park-fl-18000577/complaints#breakdown After 20 years in sales and marketing, I might be left skeptical as to why any company would change names so many times. What you want most from your hard work is brand recognition and customer referalls. My assessment is the name changes are to hide a very, very tarnished brand(s), and start over again with a new name but the same old high pressure, half truth, sales tactics. Buyer... Beware.