Report Abuse

Re: First American Title Company... SCAM?

Thanks for the explanation. I kind of thought that might be the case, but get really nervous when a firm I am trusting my money with won't give me an answer and is rude. A courteous response from First American would have been appreciated. So the risk is all on the renter Who in this case has already spent about b$7000 on transportation to Hawaii and $1500 on a rental unit and still has nothing in hand to guarantee a unit is being reserved in their name. The renter (me) is now being asked to send cash?? Seems the renter has all the risk. The owner has the risk of having to collect if a renter defaults or something, but the renter may show up with a family of 7 including an infant on the busiest week of the year in Hawaii and have no place to stay. It just does not seem balanced and certainly a little reassurance from First American would have been nice. This is only a small deal for them but a $10 - 12,000 vacation for my family. Our experience directly with the owner has been wonderful and I would strongly recommend to the next person that they NOT use First American if they can avoid it. Giving them $200 so they can be rude to me and offer me no reassurance is DEFINITELY A MISTAKE. Kind regards.