Report Abuse

Re: Bad Experience with RCI ---NOT ME !!!

"I agree that RCI has declined in service. We were sold a time share based on red white and blue weeks. We were told unless we spend another $3000 to upgrade to a points system we would only be able to choose from the red white and blue weeks that were deposited. We will never deposit with RCI again." ===================================== At the time you speak of above, ALL weeks in RCI were either Red, White, or blue, so what was the problem with that?? Just that what you bought was not Red, perhaps? As I understand it, however, the Red/White/Blue system is OUT. Each week deposited with RCI gets a number rating which works rather like the RedWeek exchange tried to do. That is, if you exchange a #10 for a #7, you get #3 in "change" left over which can be combined with other deposits later. If you give something worth more than what you accept (because a studio is all that is available for your dates and location), you get credit for the excess instead of losing it. Being able to combine deposits will let you exchange for something one of your normal weeks could not "Pull". In fact, you can now see everything that is in the system, not just resorts at your own quality level. If you have not visited the RCI site lately, go check this out. There are tutorials for Weeks owner and Points owners. I'm Weeks, so Points may have differences. There are big changes and we will need to re-learn a lot about RCI! MD