Report Abuse

Re: vacation international

I have reviewed this offer from Vacation International, Inc. First, this company, which appears to be based in Michigan, is not authorized to do business in Michigan. There are no corporate papers on file indicating who the principals of the corporation are or who its agent for service of process for any lawsuits or claims. Second, the contract refers repeatedly to paragraph 6 (which may be different in your copy) which involves the payment by you of many undisclosed fees and charges. These charges have to be paid by you within five days of signing the contract. You have no idea of what the fees are or how much they would be. They could be thousands of dollars. If you don't pay the fees within five days, the company cancels the contract, but still charges you the 8% commission on the alleged "sale price" of the unit. They will probably file a lien against your property to prevent you from ever selling it without paying them the 8% commission. Lastly, the contract requires that any lawsuits brought against the company be filed in Michigan. So, after you get ripped off, you will have to hire an attorney in Michigan to fight for you. That is, if you can find the company and its assets. I think that this is a scam, but If you want to proceed, demand that they change the paragraph requiring payment of fees within five days to payment of the fees at closing. Also, demand that any lawsuits under the agreement be brought in your home state. I have a feeling that if you make these demands, you will never hear from them again. Good luck and be careful!