Report Abuse

Re: True Valid

22 June 2011 I am pleased to say I have had a full refund of the money I paid to True Valid (£870) but I am still convinced this is a scam. I suspect the reason for the return was that I have a title which is on my letter head and they could see that I am not some small fish to fry so backed off but that is only my opinion. During my research I spoke to a gentleman by the name of Jonathan at Norwich Accountancy Services Ltd. I had sent this person an email some weeks ago asking if TV were a genuine company on his books. He said they were and as far as he knew TV was a legal organisation. When I called him again just a few days back he said that TV were not one of his accounts and it was all an error but he had a friend in another office in his building who did have them on his books. Now when I paid my £870 as the Insurance Indemnity it was paid to Jabb Media Ltd. Researching Jabb Media produced an advertising company at the same address as the Norwich Accountancy Services, yep, strange but true. When my money was refunded it came back to me from another company this time it was.... BMT Solutions Ltd again at the same address as Norwich Accountancy Services. Again Strange but true. I am sure most will know when a refund is given it is normal for it to refunded to the original credit card. Not this time though. I received a call from BMT saying they would refund my money and asked how much it was for. They then asked for my account information which I gladly gave as they could do nothing with it except give me money. Today the money arrived in to my Current Account NOT my credit card....again...strange but true. I have spoken to ACCA who say they know nothing of Norwich Accountancy Service. I have today spoken to FSA who say they know nothing of True Valid. I have also spoken to the Financial Ombudsman who say they have never heard of either True Valid or Norwich Accountancy Services and advised me to report this saga to the police. I no long need to do this as I have now had my cash returned but I suspect only because I did my work correctly as I do know what I am doing in this area. I would also like to comment on the post above which says effectively that a credit card payment and a Bank Transfer is the same and makes no difference to a scammer. This is so wrong as a Bank Transfer has no protection at all while a credit card does and the 60 day period is also incorrect. I urge all concerned to get in contact with your credit card and demand a refund it may take a few days but you will get it eventually. Once again I ask all never never ever pay for anything by direct bank transfer as despite the reply about...IT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO YOU.