Report Abuse

Re: vacation international

I called Playa Del Sol and they warned me about this scam. I then found email from PDS saying the below. ____________________________________ Dear Members: It has being brought to our attention that several "Ghost" companies have being contacting Members for this and other Vacation Clubs within Mexico... even though this professional scammers change their tactics and the companies names (So people cannot find their frauds on line) we have identified three different name for this "Ghost entities" International Properties (Supposedly based in Chicago) Holiday Property Management (Supposedly based in Ohio) Dallas Resale Group (Supposedly based in Dallas) Vacation International Inc (supposedly based in Michigan) Luxury Property Management (Suppossedly based in Dallas) Typical Scams: One of the current scams that we have received a significant number of complaints about is the resale scam. Timeshare owners are being targeted by fraudsters who are offering to sell their weeks for them. The victims are being asked to pay upfront fees for any number of reasons and then hear nothing more from the scammers - no sales, no refunds. Others are duped into parting with upfront cash - often hundreds or even thousands of dollars - only to find that the supposed buyer has dropped out of the deal. They are then lured to a foreign country to meet a "corporate buyer" who is interested in buying their week. To stay safe avoid further contact: If you receive an unsolicited contact i.e. a cold call If someone requests any form of upfront payment. Common reasons for an upfront fee are: Escrows, deposits, administration fees, bonds of trust, surety against withdrawal, insurance cover, validity survey, land registry tax, certificate charge and VAT If someone assures you your payment would be fully protected under laws governing the use of Credit Card If someone asks for your credit card, debit card or bank details but assure you they will not take any payment. If someone suggests they can obtain an unexpected or unrealistic high price. If someone says they have a buyer waiting to buy your particular timeshare product. If someone asks you to send them your Ownership Certificate. If someone applies undue pressure for a decision within a short time period. These people have unlimited imaginations when it comes to stealing your money so don't trust them - no matter how convincing and reassuring they may seem. Contact your resort when receiving a "Cold Call " . The others are correct that Vacation International does not exist at the site in Michigan as verified by the US Postal Service and they are not licensed in Michigan.