Report Abuse

Re: beware of dealing with Timeshare Broker Services of Florida

[Q=amyd261] We were at Raintree Vacation Club of Cabo sales presentation this week, and the sales manager recommended a broker in Miami (Mr. James Stevenson of HK Holdings ) who said they can sell out Playa Del Sol 1-bedroom float for $9200 within 90 days, but needs us to sign a release form for him to do title search, and said they charge $499.95 commission only if the property is sold. Does this sound legitimate? has anyone had dealing with this company before? What should I be cautious about in this type of dealings? Any advises/opinions would be greatly appreciated. We were scammed by "Royal Vactions" as recommneded by Playa Del Sol sales agent back in 2007, and am very suspicious of any offer now. Amy Du of California[/Q] It's good that you're suspicious of any offer since the majority of these in the timeshare industry are scams. $9200 for a 1-bedroom in Mexico is unrealistically high. Also, legitimate licensed real estate brokers who find buyers for you usually charge a minimum $1000 commission. Guarantees of properties being sold within a short period of time (like 90 days) also turn out to be worthless. This all sounds fishy to me and I would stay away from them. However, if you want to make sure, ask them to send you a copy of the contract that spells out in detail how and when they get money from you. If they are legitimate, the buyer will pay the broker $9200 and then the broker should pay you that money less its commission. Any other form of payment to this broker you should deem unacceptable.