Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Guido, I sent you an email with this information and my contact info. We are owners at Greensprings in Williamsburg, VA since 2007. We purchased our side-by-side units from another owner in a private sale. At that time the maintenance fees were $767.00 They are now $1,256. 64%—that is ridiculous! Every year when we are on vacation at our resort, they try to convince us that they have a great plan for us. They will take out deeded units off of our hands, convert them to points (hardly any)—and of course we have to buy more points for $12-20,000 and join the club. Why would we just give them back our deed, our asset? I am a retired County Fiscal Administrator and my husband is a retired High School Principal. We just sit there wondering how they could actually say what they say with a straight face. It is almost as if they would come to a homeowner and say, “Just sign over your deed to us, and you won’t have any of the worries of being a homeowner. We are here to help you get out from underneath this great burden, and by the way, for a mere $20,000 more you can also take a couple of vacations a year.” To make matters worse, when we say no, they always bring in a supervisor to try to belittle us and try to reaffirm how dumb we are for not buying into their scheme. We own other timeshares (love them!) and have been to many presentations, but these presentations at Greensprings are absolutely the most pressured, demeaning ones we have ever attended. I feel they have raised the maintenance fees at Greensprings to be in line with the club memberships so that we feel the pressure to collapse or just say, “You can have my timeshare, I can’t afford it anymore.” I would think they would be hard pressed to prove the need for a 64% increase in maintenance fees. I have been angry and would be willing to participate in a class action suit. I am not sure if many Greenspring's owners have contacted you, but I hope so. I feel it is nothing more than a Ponzi Scheme. I am also going to file a complaint with The Federal Trade Commission, the VA Atty Gen and Dept of Real Estate. Theresa