Report Abuse

No "cure" at all...

[Q=josiej6] Timeshare Cure is in Torrance,CA. [/Q] The location suggests that "Timeshare Cure" might be another one of several different "spin off" PCC's from "Timeshare Relief" (also located in Torrance, CA). I believe that other "spin offs" include Transfer America and several others as well. All appear to be the creations of a couple (last name McMillan) who seem to have built themselves a little empire "helping" others (..and I use the word "helping" VERY loosely). Company names may differ, but the game is the same --- "pay us several THOUSAND dollars and we MIGHT (...or might NOT) actually get the timeshare legally out of your name". You'd likely be much better off advertising to give away your unwanted timeshare for FREE --- maybe even offer to pay all the closing costs yourself, if necessary. Spending those few HUNDRED dollars seems to make a whole lot more sense to me than spending several THOUSAND dollars on a PCC --- particularly when the PCC option may not EVER actually result in a new, valid deed ever being lawfully recorded in someone else's name anyhow. You have not indicated whether you have approached the resort (...do so ONLY in writing, NEVER by phone) to see if they might accept a "deedback" (i.e., accept your deed in lieu of foreclosure). Most resorts WON'T go for this, but it costs you nothing but preparing a letter and affixing a postage stamp to at least ASK. If they say yes, they will require all maintenance fees to be paid up and current and they will also want you to pay the few hundred dollars in closing costs for preparation and recording of a quit claim deed. Some options (besides a costly PCC) to at least CONSIDER, anyhow...